Dental Implants in Pearland, TX
For patients with missing teeth, dental implants from our Pearland, TX dental offices are a great solution. Dental implants consist of metal posts or frames which are surgically positioned into the jawbone. Artificial replacement teeth are placed onto these posts, providing the patient with a restoration comparable to their natural set of teeth.
Benefits of Dental Implants
- Broader usage of teeth. Where bridges, crowns, and dentures may slip or shift, or prevent the enjoyment of certain kinds of foods, dental implants provide stable support, allowing the patient to eat and speak with confidence using their replacement teeth.
- Dental implants do not depend on natural teeth. Dental implants are fused directly into the jawbone, not only providing a more stable foundation for the artificial replacements, but also preserving the teeth that the patient has left.
- Dental implants can replace one or multiple teeth. The more missing teeth you have, the fewer implants are needed; a full arch of teeth can be replaced with just four implants.
Types of Dental Implants
- All-on-4 – For patients who need all of their teeth replaced, the All-on-4 dental implant procedure is a possible solution. As previously mentioned, each missing tooth does not require its own implant. With All-on-4, precisely-placed implants—four on the top of the mouth and four on the bottom—support all of the artificial teeth, creating a permanent, stable solution for your smile.
- Mini Implants – Mini implants are an alternative solution for patients who are looking to get dental implants but do not have sufficient bone structure to support traditional dental implants. They are smaller and have a slightly different shape. Patients who are interested in dental implants will need to get an assessment from our Pearland dentist to determine the best option for them.
- Full Dental Implants – If you have lost an entire mouthful of teeth, a full implant-supported bridge or full mouth dental implants can restore your smile. A full set of dental implants will fill-in both your missing natural teeth and some of the roots.
Candidates for Dental Implants
Before undergoing the process for receiving dental implants, a patient must ensure that they have adequate bone to support the implant as well as healthy gums. The process of getting implants can take up to several months.
To see if you’re a candidate for dental implants, book an appointment at one of our Pearland, TX locations today.